We made the 2022 Australian Financial Review (AFR) BOSS Magazine Best Places to Work List for Technology! Check it out here
Who are 99designs by Vista?
99designs by Vista is the world’s global creative platform that makes it easy for clients and designers to work together to create designs they love. Since 2008, our freelance community has brought more than one million creative projects to life for thousands of genius entrepreneurs, savvy small business owners, and brands with big ideas. As part of the Vista family, which includes VistaPrint and VistaCreate, 99designs helps small businesses thrive with expert design at their fingertips.
99designs are looking for a data analyst to turn data into narratives that inform and empower our teams to succeed. The ideal candidate is innately curious, creative, and critical, and is compelled to look beyond query results to understand the whole story.
In this role, you’ll work alongside key stakeholders in an embedded manner to uncover insights that directly influence business strategy and direction. We’ll challenge you to build and shape our analytics processes while providing you with the support and resources to grow your proficiencies.
- Turn data into actionable learnings that support strategic decision-making and planning
- Master the analytics and tracking infrastructure used by 99designs and proactively contribute to its improvement
- Partner with team leads and stakeholders to uncover insights and trends through exploratory data analysis, visualizations and dashboards
- Act as a data owner and domain expert with-in your embedded business area
- Run statistically sound a/b/n experiments to make confident decisions
- Contribute to the data literacy of the wider company and encourage greater adoption of relevant data in decision-making
- Drive advancements in our use of statistical and analytical methods through active discussion and peer collaboration
- Experience in data driven roles
- Proficient in SQL (Snowflake experience preferred)
- A commanding grasp of statistics and data modeling
- Experience building and maintaining ETL/ELT pipelines (dbt experience preferred)
- Experience with a business intelligence tool (Looker, Tableau, etc…)
- A familiarity with web analytics platforms and event tracking
- A clear and effective communicator
- A driven learner and problem solver
- Experience with a statistical scripting language (R or Python)
- Experience with and interest in machine learning
Why 99designs by Vista?
As we continue to scale as part of the Vista family, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team that reflects the communities in which we operate. We know this is what enables us to build a stronger, more creative environment – both on our platform and within our own teams. Below are just some of the things that we do to support their people:
- Career development and learning in whatever way suits you. Everyone learns their own way, so we give everyone 99time and an individual budget to choose their own learning adventure. Whether it’s watching an on-demand video, joining a workshop or a book club, or taking a mindfulness and yoga class, we’ve got you covered.
- Culture of workplace flexibility. Everyone has unique needs and lives and we will support you in the best way that they can. Some people might work remotely, some with flex start and finish times… the common thread is it’s all about your individual needs. You'll be set up at home with an Apple laptop, monitor, desk, chair, headphones etc. (the works), plus annually refreshing your WFH space with $300, to do your thang.
- Wellness for everyone. We are big on wellbeing & empowering every 99er to flourish. With annual wellness bonuses of $605 (to spend as you wish), 5x “wag” days of leave a year to take time off look after yourself + your wellbeing, access to their EAP Uprise for mindfulness, coaching & counselling, weekly online pilates & yoga classes, and a private wellness room in the office for prayer, pumping, finding a quiet moment or whatever + whenever else you might need some privacy.
- Support for working parents. 18 weeks paid parental leave policy for all parents (we don't distinguish between a primary and secondary carer), which can be accessed part time or any way you want it over the first 18 months, which you can access from day 1 of joining them. We also pay superannuation for paid and unpaid parental leave for 18months!
- Support for the community. In addition to 99nonprofits, 99d provides one paid volunteer day a year for you to support a charity and the community as you see fit. Everyone also has 3 additional days of cultural leave a year. 99d are also a Proud Code Like a Girl Gold Partner & maintain popular open source projects, and support a range of other community groups. It’s in our DNA.
Just a little bit curious?! Let's have a chat to see if this can be your happy (work) place